Winter weather is especially hard on your hair. We are smack dab in the middle of winter right now, and the Polar Vortex is in full effect. Who's hair is feeling the effects?
Luckily PonyDry has some really great tips to help keep your hair looking and feeling great for the rest of winter.... Read on
1. Eat well. So, I don't know about you, but cold winter weather seems to make me want to eat carbs, carbs and more carbs! RESIST THIS URGE! Try to get some heathy fats into your diet. Avocado feels like a carb to me, but is full of yummy good fats. Other great choices are eggs. green leafy veg, nuts and fatty fish, full of Omega-3 fatty acids. Try some of these great recipes.
2. Hydrate. We all know drinking water is good for us, we should be getting 2 Litres a day. I recommend getting a travel water bottle or cup you really love so you will keep it with you all day. I recommend this one. It works for nice warm herbal tea too, perfect for those cold, dark winter days.
3. Moisturize. Hair Masks with ingredients like shea butter, honey or green tea can help repair your dried out winter hair. Using oils such as Avocado, Argon and Coconut oil and conditioners with fatty alcohols (Did you even know there was such a thing?) like cetearyl alcohol as well as Panthenol or Vitamin B5 will help coat and penetrate your strands, so your dry, dull hair will be shiny and healthy. We love the products from Hask Beauty. They use only high quality ingredients imported from around the world
4. Protect. Get yourself a great silk, or satin lined hat... we call them toques up here in Canada! There are so many reasons to invest in one. The smooth silk or satin protects your hair from all those damaging elements, protects your delicate strands from breakage, split ends, frizz and tangles. It also protects your scalp from excess dryness. Check out these great options! Super cute and trendy too!
5. Wash less. The best way to take care of your tresses in the winter is to keep those natural oils! Washing your hair less often also means less blow drying and other damaging heat styling tools. PonyDry is absolutely the best way to cut down on washing, without using damaging chemicals in dry shampoo. I use mine at least twice a week in the winter months and it keeps my hair so much more healthy! Give it a try, you won't regret it! It's also available on Amazon here.
Remember, Wiarton Willie predicted that Spring is right around the corner! We're almost there, so stay cozy my friends!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: dry hair, healthty hair, healthy fats, hydrate, long hair, moisturize, PonyDry, static, winter hair